Sunday, October 5, 2008

Parental Parade

Being a parent is fun but is also full of worries. Dylan is one of the happiest babies I've ever met, and of course, I'm his mother, so I think he's perfect, but still, he's pretty happy! He is so full of life and love. Today I put up a baby gate to keep him confined to the living room because he is crawling and already pulling himself up! Crazy baby! He's been in the "baby could possibly be doing" stage of What to Expect the First Year almost every month. He already knows how to make mamma proud.

He had his 6 month check up on Friday and has only gained about a pound and a half in the past 2 months. So, he has to go in for a weight check up in 6 weeks. I feel like a terrible mother. The doctor wants me to feed him more solids. Most babies are just starting solids, now Dylan is supposed to eat them 3 times a day plus nurse! I guess he's just like Beth, who has an endless stomach. Still, I can't help but thinking I should have been force feeding him more often.

I guess as parents you never stop worrying that you've done a good enough job. I know my parents still worry about my brother and I even though they have done tremendous jobs with us. My parents have made lots of sacrifices so that my brother and I could have good lives, and for that I will always be grateful.

So, whether you be 6 months, or 31 years, as long as you have loving parents, or parental figures, there will always be someone out there who worries about you. It can be annoying, but it's nice to know you have someone out there who loves you so much.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

God made babies so cute we couldn't help but love them. Dylan is darling-especially when he tries to sing or hum back to me. It has occured to me that it's time to baby proof this house.
Parenthood, it's hard to think of your grown child as a grown-up. When I look at your or Casey, just like in Father of the Bride, I see a 9-10 year old child, how funny, considering Casey weighs almost over 225 lbs.